Revision as of 01:11, 24 May 2006 by Gullevek
Although PHP might be your first choice when doing "web development" that doesn't mean it's the best one.
Food for thought:
- PHPs availability is much better on "foreign" servers.
- PHP is much easier to use than Perl for beginners, because you can just throw HTML in PHP files (or vice versa).
- Perl is much cleaner than PHP.
- Perls webserver integration sucks. Neither CGI, nor mod_perl nor fastcgi give you the ease of use of PHP.
- Tuning (Zend Optimizer & replacements)
- FastCGI vs. mod_perl
- Package Management (dh-make-perl, etc)